Our friend A took the IELTS test in New Zealand, and remembered the Writing and Speaking questions as follows:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently stayed at a hotel. Write a letter to the hotel manager about a helpful staff member of the hotel. In your letter
– Describe the situation.
– Explain how the staff member was helpful to you.
– Suggest a form of appreciation for that staff member.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that competitive sports have advantages for people from different groups and countries, while others believe that competitive sports only create problems between people. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Let’s talk about patience.
– Do you think it is good to be patient?
– Do you consider yourself a patient person?
– Can patience help in life? How?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe someone who travels a lot by plane. Please say
– How do you know him/her?
– Why does he/she travel a lot?
– Where does he/she travel to?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you like to travel by plane?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
– Can you compare it to other means of transport such as the bus, train or a car?
– Why do people travel by plane?