Our friends from the UAE and Ghana remembered the following questions after taking their IELTS exams:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently read a book and noticed some incorrect information about a place that you know. Write a letter to the author of the book. In your letter
– Include the name of the place and the incorrect information
– Provide the correct information
– Explain why it is important to correct this mistake.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
These days, many people like to watch live performances (such as shows or concerts) at home, either on TV or on a computer, instead of attending in-person. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh its disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– What do you do for work?
– What are your responsibilities at work?
– Do you think everyone should work really hard? Why?
– Are you a morning person?
– What is your morning routine?
– Do you like having breakfast in the morning? Why?
– Can you make breakfast for yourself?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste. Please say
– where and when you saw it
– why there was a lot of plastic waste
– what you did about it
– and explain how you felt about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Should we use less plastic? Why?
– Should companies stop using plastic?
– Is it a good idea for shops to reward people for choosing not to use plastic?
– How can plastic waste be managed?
– Are there alternatives to plastic?
– Does the government have a role to play in plastic waste minimisation?
– Do you think plastic waste management should be an individual or government responsibility?