Thanks to our friends who took IELTS in Canada, we are sharing these questions today:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The maps below describe an area before and after the construction of a hydroelectric power plant.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual maps given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays in many countries young people don’t communicate with older people as much as they used to. Why is this happening? How could this situation be improved?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– What do you do after your classes?
– Do you prefer writing by hand or typing? Why?
– Is handwriting important? Why/why not?
– How often do you use the Internet?
– Do you like to work online?
– What things can we do with the help of the Internet?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste. You should say
– where and when you saw it
– why there was a lot of plastic
– what you did when you saw it
– and explain how you felt about this.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What kind of plastic waste can often be seen in your country?
– How can we use less plastic?
– What should the government do to reduce the use of plastic?
– Is there something the media can do to help us reduce plastic consumption?
– Do you think making plastic-producer companies pay will help to solve this problem?
– Do you think it is possible to completely eliminate the use of plastic?