Thanks to our friends who took IELTS in Canada, we are sharing these questions today:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The maps below describe an area before and after the construction of a hydroelectric power plant.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual maps given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays in many countries young people don’t communicate with older people as much as they used to. Why is this happening? How could this situation be improved?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– What do you do after your classes?
– Do you prefer writing by hand or typing? Why?
– Is handwriting important? Why/why not?
– How often do you use the Internet?
– Do you like to work online?
– What things can we do with the help of the Internet?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste. You should say
– where and when you saw it
– why there was a lot of plastic
– what you did when you saw it
– and explain how you felt about this.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What kind of plastic waste can often be seen in your country?
– How can we use less plastic?
– What should the government do to reduce the use of plastic?
– Is there something the media can do to help us reduce plastic consumption?
– Do you think making plastic-producer companies pay will help to solve this problem?
– Do you think it is possible to completely eliminate the use of plastic?
I am interested in General training
Hi Fatema, we post both Academic and General Training questions on the blog. You can sign up for our daily emails here. You will start receiving the latest questions, model answers, IELTS advice and materials, and more – daily and free.