Our wonderful friend JS took the IELTS test in India at the weekend and was asked these Speaking questions:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live?
– Why do you like the area where you live?
– How could your area be improved?
– Do you still remember your primary school teachers?
– Did you like any teacher more than others? Why?
– Did you like learning languages in school? Why or why not?
– What language would you learn in school, if you could choose?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a popular / well-known person in your country. You should say
– who the person is
– what he/she has done
– why he/she is popular
– and explain how you feel about this person.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you want to be famous?
– Do you think that famous people are generally happier than ordinary people?
– What qualities does a person need to have in order to become famous?
– In what ways do famous people influence the public?
– What types of people become famous in your country?
– Do you think more is expected from famous people than from ordinary citizens?