Thanks to the generosity of MS who took IELTS in India, we are sharing the writing and speaking questions she remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have a problem with a recently hired employee in your workplace. Write a letter to the HR manager. In your letter
– Describe the problem the new employee has caused
– Explain how other colleagues feel about the new employee’s conduct
– Say how you expect the manager to address the situation.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Fast food is becoming part of life everywhere, which negatively affects our lifestyles and diet. Do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can you tell me your full name, please?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like art?
– Have you ever visited an art gallery?
– Do you like going to art galleries?
– Do you see yourself becoming an artist in the future?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a complaint that you made and you were satisfied with the result. You should say
– when it happened
– what you complained about
– who you complained to
– and explain why you were satisfied with the result.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are some common reasons why people make complaints in everyday life?
– Who is more likely to make complaints, older people or younger people?
– Do you think people complain more nowadays compared to the past? Why or why not?
– Is it better to complain verbally or in writing?
– How do you think social media has influenced the way people make complaints?
– Is it important for companies to handle complaints from their customers well?
– Do you believe that complaints are necessary for the improvement of products and services? Why or why not?