Thanks to M.X. who took the IELTS test in Hong Kong, we are sharing these questions today:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The plans below show the town of Hensington, at present and after the proposed changes.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual plans given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The number of people who are overweight is constantly growing, and the only solution is to increase the prices on unhealthy food and drinks. Do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or are you a student?
– Tell me about the place where you live.
– Are there many older people living in your neighbourhood?
– Do you like to visit museums?
– Do you want to be an artist?
– Do you stay up late often?
– Did you stay up late when you were a child?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a place you visited where the air wasn’t clean. You should say
– where it was
– when it was
– why the air wasn’t clean
– and explain how you felt about that place.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What can people do to reduce air pollution?
– Do you think companies take action to reduce pollution only when they are forced to do so?
– Do you think we should punish or reward companies for their actions on environmental issues?
– What can individuals do to protect the environment?
– Do you think we should do something to save the environment or just leave it as it is?
– Do you think that the level of pollution will decline in the future? Why?
Thank you Gagandeep!
Thank u for sharing it
We’re always happy to help! And did you know that we post all the recent exam updates here? Why don’t you have a look, it will give you an idea of the current trends in IELTS.
Thank you so much for the above tips… would like to get more
Thanks for the helpful work.
It feels great to know this helps!
I’m glad this helps! FYI, we post model answers for the recent writing tasks and speaking questions on our VIP Club website here, check it out.
Thank you so much ___