Thanks to M.X. who took the IELTS test in Hong Kong, we are sharing these questions today:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The plans below show the town of Hensington, at present and after the proposed changes.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual plans given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The number of people who are overweight is constantly growing, and the only solution is to increase the prices on unhealthy food and drinks. Do you agree or disagree?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or are you a student?
– Tell me about the place where you live.
– Are there many older people living in your neighbourhood?
– Do you like to visit museums?
– Do you want to be an artist?
– Do you stay up late often?
– Did you stay up late when you were a child?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a place you visited where the air wasn’t clean. You should say
– where it was
– when it was
– why the air wasn’t clean
– and explain how you felt about that place.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What can people do to reduce air pollution?
– Do you think companies take action to reduce pollution only when they are forced to do so?
– Do you think we should punish or reward companies for their actions on environmental issues?
– What can individuals do to protect the environment?
– Do you think we should do something to save the environment or just leave it as it is?
– Do you think that the level of pollution will decline in the future? Why?