Our kind subscriber YJ from Taiwan remembered the following Speaking questions after taking IELTS a few days ago.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the purpose of education is to make individuals useful to society, while others think that education should help people pursue personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Have you ever received a great gift?
– Are you good at choosing gifts?
– What do you consider when choosing a gift?
– What films do you like to watch?
– Did you watch films often when you were a child?
– Did you ever go to the cinema alone as a child?
– Do you go to the cinema often with your friends?
– Do you consider going to the cinema a good way to spend time with friends?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a sportsperson / athlete you admire. You should say:
– who the person is
– how you know him/her
– what he/she has achieved
and explain why you admire him/her.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What are some qualities that an athlete should have?
– What is the most popular sport in your country?
– Should students have physical education and do sports at school?
– Is talent important in sports?
– Is it easy to identify children’s talents?
– Can talent emerge later in life, or is it mostly evident from a young age?
– Can hard work compensate for a lack of natural talent in sports?