Our student IM took IELTS in Dubai a few days ago and her examiner asked the following questions in the Speaking test.
Did you know? IELTS Speaking test questions and topic areas are known to repeat in every corner of the world! This is why preparing for the most recent Speaking questions is very effective and increases your chances of success. Give these questions a try – answer them and record yourself. Then listen to your recording and check for gaps in vocabulary or words you may have mispronounced.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Tell me about your home country.
– Where is it located?
– What kind of films do you like?
– Why do you like this kind of films?
– If given the opportunity, what kind of film would you direct?
– Did you go to the movies as a child?
– Did you go alone or with friends?
– How do you enjoy your free time now?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a recent party that you enjoyed. You should say
– when it happened
– where the party was
– whether you met any friends there
and explain why you enjoyed that party.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Are parties really necessary, in your opinion?
– Should people invite their neighbours when they have a house party?
– Should all parties have loud music playing all the time?
– What types of parties do you like? Why?
– How do you feel when you’re at a party?
– What would you do if the neighbours complained about your noisy party?
– What can people do to make their party less noisy?