Our kind friend took IELTS in Nepal and remembered the following questions from his Speaking test.
Preparation Tip: Try to answer all of these questions and record yourself. Re-listen later and look for fluency or pronunciation problems. Then re-record the questions where you didn’t do well, and this time try to sound more fluent and pronounce the words better.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– What do you do, work or study?
– What are you studying?
– Do you like your courses?
– What is your favourite course?
– Why are you interested in this course?
– How often do you study?
– How do you usually prepare for your exams?
– Do you prefer studying alone or in a group?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a shop that recently opened in your area. You should say
– where it is located
– what type of shop it is
– who its main customers are
and explain whether you think this shop will be successful in the future and why.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Shopping these days has become one of peoples’ favourite hobbies. Why do you think this is?
– What are the main differences between large chain stores and small retailers?
– Should the government support the small retailers?
– What is the impact of consumerism on the society?
– Are there any positive aspects to consumerism, or only negative? What are they?
– How does consumerism affect the environment and sustainability?
– Are there any measures that governments or organizations can take to mitigate the negative effects of consumerism?