Our friends D.K. and L.A. took their IELTS exams in Canada and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A cafe near your home put some chairs and tables on the pavement for customers. This creates a problem for you. Write a letter to the manager of the cafe to complain about this matter. In your letter,
– Describe the problem
– Explain how it affects you
– Say what you will do if this matter is not resolved
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that TV advertisements can be useful for viewers, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– Can I see your ID?
– What is your name?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– What is your favourite part of the house?
– What item in your house do you care about the most?
– Do you have any common property that you share with your family?
– Which skills did you inherit from your parents?
– Which skills did you learn at school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you were very busy. You should say
– when it was
– why you were busy
– what you did
– and explain how you felt about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do people work long hours?
– In what ways can employers compensate people for working long hours?
– Do you think incentives are a good way to compensate for long workdays?
– What do you think about pressure at work? Is it good to have?
– Do you think employees work best under pressure?
– How important are entertainment activities at workplaces?