Our kind subscriber MY recently took her IELTS exam in Turkey and remembered the following writing and speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The table below shows the change in the number of people engaged in various physical activities between the years 2001-2009 in Australia (in million people).
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: this isn’t the actual table given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Once children start school, teachers become a more important influence on children’s intellectual and social development than parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– What used to make you happy as a child?
– When do you feel happy at work?
– Does buying new things make you happy?
– What will make you happy in the future?
– Did you use a library as a child?
– What kind of people would go to a library to study and read?
– Do you go to the library often now?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person you want to work or study with. You should say
– who the person is
– how you know him/her
– what he/she does
– and explain why you want to work or study with this person.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Can children choose who they sit next to in school in your country?
– Does it matter if a child likes their classmates?
– How can children get along with their classmates?
– Do you feel that having good colleagues is the most important thing at work?
– What can be more important than that?
– What is more important, the building people work in or their colleagues? Why?
– What do you think makes someone a good colleague?