Skip to content

Latest IELTS questions from Algeria – February 2024 (Academic Module)

Latest IELTS Academic Questions Algeria February 2024

Our student from Algeria (thank you, DK!) took IELTS very recently and remembered the following writing tasks:

Writing test

Writing task 1 (a report)

The chart below shows the sales of a drug company in several regions in the world from 2003 to 2006.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

IELTS Writing Task 1 Sales of Drug Company Between 2003 And 2006

* Note: this isn’t the actual chart given in the test, it was recreated for the purpose of demonstration.

Writing task 2 (an essay)

Some people believe that studying at college or university is important for a successful career. Others think that it is better to quit school and find work to gain experience for a successful professional life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

4 thoughts on “Latest IELTS questions from Algeria – February 2024 (Academic Module)”

  1. Hi Maya, the rectangles show the percentages of sales in different regions of the world in each year. For example, in 2023 sales in North America were 40% of the total sales of the drug company. South America sales amounted to about 10% (the rectangle stretches from 40 to 50% mark) and sales in Europe were about 15% of the total sales (from 50 to about 65% mark), the rest (65 to 100% mark) were sales in Asia. Hope this helps!

  2. Hi Simone!
    Thank you for your prompt response!
    I found an example of a stacked bar graph in the Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS (page 96). In the provided model answer, they hardly used any numbers, which surprised me. They simply described the chart without including any data in the main body paragraphs (page 99).
    After looking at the example question here, I wondered if I could use the same method if such a bar graph comes up in my upcoming test.

  3. Hi Maya, in the overview paragraph we should describe the main features/trends without including data. However, in the main body paragraphs it is necessary to quote the figures from the chart when you are describing it, to support your observations. It is also important that the data you quote is accurate, because if you make a mistake and write the wrong figure, you will lose marks for that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *