Our wonderful subscriber SM from Iran remembered a lot of information from her IELTS test this weekend. Here are the Writing and Speaking questions she had:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The charts below show the average retirement age for men and women in 2004 and 2008 in seven countries.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual charts given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries, students leave high school without learning how to manage their money. Why is that the case? What could be done to tackle the issue?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Did you eat ice cream as a child?
– Are there shops selling ice cream near where you live?
– Have you made your own ice cream before?
– What is your favorite day of the week?
– What is your least favorite day?
– What is the busiest day of the week for you?
– Is there anything that you do every day?
– What do you usually do on weekends?
– Are weekdays and weekends the same for you?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a traditional celebration (a festival or ceremony) in your country that you enjoy. You should say:
– what it is
– what you do to celebrate it
– who you celebrate it with
and explain why you enjoy it.
Speaking Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is it important for children to learn about traditional festivals at school?
– Do children like to learn about traditional festivals?
– Why do people celebrate traditional festivals?
– Are traditional festivals disappearing?
– Is music important in traditional festivals?
– Do you think good food and drinks are important at celebrations?
– Do people pay attention to traditional costumes?
– Should children learn about traditional costumes at school?