The following Speaking test questions were shared by our kind subscriber ZF who recently took IELTS in Saudi Arabia.
Preparation Tip: Do a practice session where you answer all of these questions and record yourself. If you don’t have enough ideas for questions on a particular topic, research it and write down some vocabulary words and how to use them in a sentence.
After recording your answers, listen to them and look for fluency (frequent pausing, self-correction, hesitation) or pronunciation problems. Then re-record the questions you’re not happy with, and this time try to sound more fluent and pronounce the words better. Submit your recording for assessment and learn how to score higher.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you make your work easy?
– Do you have friends?
– What do you talk about with your friends?
– Do you have old friends?
– What kind of bag did you take to school with you when you were a child?
– Do you carry a bag now when you go out?
– Would you like it if somebody gifted you a bag?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a piece of clothing that you like. You should say
– what it is
– when and where you bought it
– when you wear it
and explain why you like this piece of clothing.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How is clothing different for young and old people in your country?
– When do people wear formal clothes in your country?
– Why don’t some people like to wear formal clothes?
– What is your opinion about wearing designer clothes?
– Do prices of designer clothes seem justified to you? Why?
– Is it unethical to copy brands, in your opinion? Why?