Thanks to our lovely friend K who took IELTS two days ago in Dubai, UAE we are sharing the writing and speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
The government is looking to demolish an old historic building in City Centre. Write a letter to them expressing your dissatisfaction with this plan. In your letter
– Say why the building is important
– Suggest solutions to preserve the building
– Explain the benefits of keeping the building to the city and its residents.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Part time courses are on the rise and students are taking them up as an alternative to full time courses. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where are you originally from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you work?
– Do you like your job?
– Are there any areas where you would like your company to change?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a time when you received some good news. You should say
– when it happened
– how you got the news
– what the news was about
– and explain why the news was special.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think social media has done us any good when it comes to sharing good news?
– Why do some people not like to share good news?
– Do you like wearing T-shirts? Can you explain why?
– Do you think old people like wearing T-shirts? Why or why not?
– Why do young people like wearing T-shirts?
– When is it culturally appropriate to wear a T-shirt in your country?