A very kind Instagram follower took IELTS in Canada and shared the questions from his exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A road near your home is damaged. Write a letter to the council of your town/city to complain about it. In your letter
– Tell them who are you and where you live
– Explain the nature of your complaint
– Say what you would like them to do about it.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people like to listen to music while working or studying. Others find that they need silence to focus. What is your preference? Why do you find the other option unhelpful?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Where do you live?
– What is your hometown like?
– Is your hometown peaceful or noisy?
– What are the main sources of noise in your hometown?
– Does the noise interfere with your daily life? How?
– Do you like places that are peaceful? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a movie that you watched and would like to watch again. You should say
– what movie it is
– when you watched it
– what it is about
– and explain why you would like to watch it again.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you often watch movies twice?
– What kind of influence do movies have on kids?
– Why do some movies remain people’s favourites forever, no matter when they were released?
– How do people usually choose which movies to watch?
– Do you think people’s taste in movies is influenced by their age, gender or culture?
– In your opinion, what factors make a movie appealing to a wide audience?
– Do you think the popularity of certain actors or actresses influences people’s choice of movies?