Our friend A.P. remembered the following questions from his recent IELTS exam in Nigeria:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend asked you to find a part-time job for him/her to earn some money while studying. You found a job that might be suitable. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
– Give him/her the job description
– Explain why he/she should take the job
– Say what he/she should do to get the job.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, many people do not exercise enough and eat an unhealthy diet. Why is this happening? What can be done to help them improve their lifestyle?
Part 1 (Interview)
– Could you show me your identification?
– What is your full name?
– What shall I call you?
– How old are you?
– Where are you from?
– Is your area a safe place to live for all age groups?
– Do you like chocolate?
– Why do you think chocolate is a popular treat worldwide?
– Do you think chocolate makes a nice gift?
– Do you know anyone who doesn’t like chocolate?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an interesting conversation you had with a stranger. You should say
– who he/she is
– when you met him/her
– where you met
– and explain what you talked about.
Follow-up question: Where do you meet new people?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is there a difference between discussions with friends and strangers?
– What do you think is a typical topic of discussion between strangers?
– What do you think are the benefits of being able to have a conversation with a stranger?
– During a debate, can people with contrary views come to an agreement? Why?
– Do you think it is hard for motivational speakers to talk to strangers?
– What is a good way to overcome nervousness when giving a speech?
– What type of personality is best suited to become a public speaker?