One of our subscribers from Egypt recently took a General Training IELTS test and shared the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently moved to a different city for work, but you want to maintain contact with a friend from your previous workplace. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,
– describe the city you moved to
– tell him/her about your new job
– invite him/her to visit you
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that water is the most important natural resource, while other believe that other resources such as oil and gold are more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy doing puzzles?
– What kind of puzzles do you like to do?
– Do you prefer doing puzzles alone or with others?
– How often do you use technology in your daily life?
– What kind of technology do you use the most?
– Do you think technology has improved your life? Why or why not?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a problem you faced while shopping. You should say:
– what the problem was
– when and where it happened
– how you dealt with the problem
and explain how you felt about this problem.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How do people’s emotions affect their shopping behavior?
– What are some common strategies that retailers use to encourage people to make impulse purchases?
– Does social status influence people’s shopping behavior? In what way?
– Do you think people are more likely to buy products that are recommended by a celebrity or an influencer? Why or why not?
– What effect does the packaging of a product have on people’s decision to buy it?
– How does the layout of a store affect people’s shopping behavior?