Our kind friend CM took his IELTS Speaking test in the UK a few days ago and remembered the following questions:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– Do you work or study?
– Why did you choose that job?
– What things don’t you like about your job?
– What do you do on your days off?
– When was the last time you had a few days off?
– What do you spend time doing when you are off work?
– Do you ever feel like you waste your free time?
– How often do you get to take time off work?
– Do you wish you had more free time?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a sport that you enjoyed playing when you were young. You should say
– what sport is was
– who you played with
– where you played
and explain why you enjoyed playing that sport.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think children should be given prizes for winning in sports competitions?
– What are the advantages of winning prizes?
– Is it better for children to win prizes individually or as a team?
– Do you think competition is important to school children? Why or why not?
– Is competition important to adults just as much?
– Is competition important in business? Why?
– What is the downside of competition in business?