We would like to thank our friend A for sharing the questions from a very recent IELTS exam in Jammu, India. Here is what she remembered:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– How may I address you?
– Show me your passport.
– Are you working or studying?
– Where do you live?
– Where did you go to school?
– Would you recommend it?
– What changes would you like to make in your school?
– Do you like art?
– What kind of art do you prefer, traditional or modern?
– Do you like visiting art galleries in your free time?
– Did you do art as a child?
– Do you see yourself working as an artist in the future?
– Have you ever visited a library?
– Did you go to a library when you were a child?
– Do kids nowadays visit libraries more often?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a recent development in your city. You should say
– what it is
– where it is located
– how long it took to complete
– and explain how you feel about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Were people in your city happy with this development?
– Why are there are some restrictions by the government that apply to developments?
– What are the consequences of not following these restrictions?
– Do traditional and modern architecture go hand in hand nowadays?
– When a development is initiated by the government, is it important who does the construction? Why?