Our kind friend V.T. recently took IELTS in Azerbaijan and shared the Speaking questions that she remembered from her exam:
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you study or work?
– What is your major?
– What are you planning to do after your studies?
– Is swimming popular in your country?
– Do you prefer to swim in the pool or the sea?
– Do many people in your country know how to swim?
– Do you think swimming is a useful skill? Why?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about something special that you would like to buy in the future. You should say
– what it is
– what it looks like
– when you intend to buy it
– and explain why you would like to buy it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Who do you think spends more time shopping, younger or older people? Why?
– Do advertisements have advantages for consumers? What are they?
– Do advertisements have advantages for the companies? What are they?
– What makes an advertisement effective?
– How much do you think advertisements can be trusted?
– Do you think advertisements should be regulated more strictly?