Thanks to our lovely subscriber MY we are sharing their IELTS writing and Speaking questions today:
Writing task 1 (a report)
The two diagrams below describe changes to a museum’s floor plan between 2008 and 2012.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
* Note: these aren’t the actual diagrams given in the test, they were recreated for the purpose of demonstration.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays, people all over the world are spending more and more time apart from their families. Why is this happening? How does this affect people and their families?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your name?
– What shall I call you?
– Have you ever locked yourself out of the house?
– Do you think it’s a good idea to leave your keys with a neighbour?
– Have you ever lost your keys?
– Do you always bring many keys with you?
– Do you like art?
– Do you like modern art or traditional art?
– Have you ever visited an art gallery?
– Would you be interested in becoming an artist?
– Do you have any artwork on the walls at home?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe your first day at school. You should say
– when and where it was
– what you did
– who you met
– and explain how you felt on your first day at school.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do you think young adults often change their jobs?
– What are some common factors that influence young adults to switch careers?
– Does the desire for career growth affect their decisions?
– How can job-hopping affect a young professional’s long-term career prospects?
– What role does job satisfaction play in the decision to change one’s job?
– Why is the orientation process important for a new job?
– What challenges or difficulties might new employees face during the orientation period?
– In your opinion, what can organizations do to make the orientation process easier for new employees?