IELTS Model Letter Samples Band 9, 2023

Here you can find IELTS Letter samples of Band 9, written by a native English speaker and a former IELTS examiner. Robert Nicholson is the co-author of ‘High Scorer’s Choice’ IELTS Practice Tests book series, created in collaboration with Simone Braverman, the founder of this website.

New letters are being added weekly. Last updated: August 25, 2022

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 1

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 2

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 3

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 4

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 5

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 6

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 7

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 8

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 9

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 10

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 11

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 12

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 13

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 14

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 15

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 16

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 17

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 18

IELTS Band 9 sample letter 19

7 thoughts on “IELTS Letter Samples of Band 9”

1. I\’m stuck at 6.5 bands in writing. How do I get to the 7 bands mark? Secondly what are some of the phrases/sentences I can remember for the test day? I\’m writing the general training test. Thanks

2. Hi Ab, when your writing is assessed, there are 4 criteria from which the total score is calculated. They are Task response, Coherence and cohesion, Lexical resource, and Grammatical range and accuracy. You get a score for each criterion and the average is your writing score for that Writing Task 1 or Writing Task 2. You need to find out which criterion for you is lower than 7 and then you will know what to improve in your writing, to get a Band 7. Our writing correction service can tell you that, if you submit a sample of your writing to them. They will estimate your score, give you feedback and make suggestions for improvement.