IELTS Model Essay Samples Band 7, 2023
Last updated: February 7, 2023

Here you can find IELTS Essay samples of Band 7, written by students and graded by an IELTS teacher.

The topic of an essay appears when you hold the mouse over the link. Every essay is checked, marked, has comments and suggestions. Hold the mouse over to see suggested corrections. The teacher’s summary is at the bottom of each essay.

IELTS writing – sample essay 1
IELTS writing – sample essay 2
IELTS writing – sample essay 3
IELTS writing – sample essay 4
IELTS writing – sample essay 5
IELTS writing – sample essay 6
IELTS writing – sample essay 7
IELTS writing – sample essay 8
IELTS writing – sample essay 9
IELTS writing – sample essay 10
IELTS writing – sample essay 11
IELTS writing – sample essay 12
IELTS writing – sample essay 13
IELTS writing – sample essay 14
IELTS writing – sample essay 15
IELTS writing – sample essay 16
IELTS writing – sample essay 17
IELTS writing – sample essay 18

Note: the essays are checked by an IELTS teacher, not an IELTS examiner or examiner trainer. All the bands are approximate.

suggested corrections are in the window

18 thoughts on “IELTS Essay Samples of Band 7”

1. Could you please give a band to my essay?

All cars that burn fossil fuel s should be banned and electric cars should replace them? Do you agree or disagree?

The environment prevention committee should ban the use of cars that are run by fuels such as petrol and instead should promote the use of battery operated cars or electric cars. I strongly agree to the statement because electric cars help the preservation of petrol and are environment friendly.

Cars that are battery operated do not need petrol or diesel that are used daily by thousands of car. As the electric cars would not use petrol or diesel in turn they will help in the preservation of these valuable fossil fuels that are worthy to be saved for the near future. Moreover, fossil fuels are the treasures of the earth and are meant to be saved by the humans because if these natural treasures get all used up there will be no petrol or diesel left beneath the earth’s surface. Example, The Mercedes Benz car manufacturing company recently did a survey on amount of fuel wasted by 100 cars in a minute. The owners of the company concluded that 100 cars waste about 60-80 litres of petrol.

Additionally, electric four-wheelers have the obvious benefit of preventing air pollution. Furthermore, the conversion of petrol into smoke that is emitted from the exhaust of vehicals is one of the most common and harmful reason for air pollution.
    Example, A research conducted at Sydney PUC Headquarters found that the reason of 70% of air pollution in the main Central City area was due to the disastrous smoke being emitted by the traditional fuel operated cars.

I agree to the statement because the cars that are operated on electricity facilitate the prevention and conservation of fossil fuels and prevent contribution in Air pollution.

2. Please evaluate my essay.

In some cultures, children are often told that they can achieve anything if they try hard enough.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of giving children this message?

In many societies, youngsters are often hearing that anything can achievable due to hard work by their parents. However, sometimes it can cause many negative impacts on teenagers. This essay will discuss the merits and drawbacks of expressing this philosophy.

To begin, we often see that many teenagers get motivational speeches from their parents to guide success. Encouragement can inspire children to achieve their goals. For instance, an adolescent from a poor background will be inspired and study hard to pursue prosperously. Correspondingly, the hope can influence minors to work hard to attain success. It has seen to be most juveniles begin to set their life goals at an early age because somehow they are presuming that hardship is the only path towards accomplishment. And this kind of diligence can motivate young people to obtain the ultimate solace by hard work.

On the other hand, it can generate needlessly peer pressure on children which is not good at an early age. And this causes depression and anxiety. Likewise, teenagers may be setting up an unachievable life expectancy and later when it cannot turn into reality, it has caused them to suffer. For example, if a youngster wants to become a millionaire at the age of fifteen, and he has invested his all the time and effort on it, by the age of fifteen when it didn’t arise, this response can lead him to demotivation. So, believing in hard work is a great cue to study hard to achieve life goals. But unnecessary tenacity not only wastes their effort but also time, which they can invest in other activities.

In summary, despite the many disadvantages, striving to achieve goals is still an incredible notion that motivates children.