Here you can find IELTS Essay samples of Band 9, written by a native English speaker and a former IELTS examiner. Robert Nicholson is the co-author of ‘High Scorer’s Choice’ IELTS Practice Tests book series, created in collaboration with Simone Braverman, the founder of this website.

New essays are being added weekly. Last updated: May 13, 2022

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 1

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 2

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 3

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 4

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 5

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 6

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 7

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 8

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 9

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 10

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 11

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 12

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 13

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 14

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 15

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 16

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 17

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 18

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 19

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 20

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 21

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 22

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 23

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 24

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 25

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 26

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 27

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 28

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 29

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 30

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 31

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 32

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 33

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 34

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 35

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 36

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 37

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 38

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 39

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 40

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 41

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 42

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 43

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 44

IELTS Band 9 sample essay 45

Share this to help your friends do better in IELTS!

17 thoughts on “IELTS Essay Samples of Band 9”

1. Dear my online teacher. Do you have a collected sample essays band 8 or 9 in one pdf. I am facing difficulty in writing. I hope you send me within a short time

2. I need an example of following writing task. If you have, Can you please share it with me.
    “Some people feel that developments in science are happening so fast that it is difficult for peopleto appreciate the effects of such advances. Others feel we should trust scientistsmore and stop worrying.
    Discuss both views and give your own opinion”

3. Hi, how can I write the introduction for this essay?

More people decided to have children in their later age than in the past. Why? Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Please I need your response.

4. Hi Matthew, in the introduction for this essay you would first describe the problem while paraphrasing the topic (don’t copy it word for word) and you can also say that there are advantages and disadvantages to this decision. You can also include your opinion, or alternatively you can write your opinion in the conclusion paragraph.

5. Dear my online teacher. Do you have a collected sample essays band 8 or 9 in one pdf. I am facing difficulty in writing. I hope you send me within a short

6. I had been following your update in email , and I am so lucky that I have this site to teach me more strategies in writing an essay.

7. I have more need of your writing essays because your writing tasks are very convenient or 9 band Plz provide me some eassy regarding all essays
    …….

8. Thank you for your feedback Pardeep! It’s great to hear you are finding our model essays useful. We will keep posting them on the blog, you can count on us to help with your IELTS preparation!

9. Hi Samir, are there at least some topics that you don’t have trouble coming up with ideas for? I am trying to understand whether your problem is knowledge-related or not. If it’s knowledge-related, reading well-written essays on a variety of topics can help. Another problem is when people just can’t generate ideas quickly enough, and that is different. Which one do you think it is for you?