IELTS Essay, topic: Should tobacco be prohibited?

Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco? Discuss.

Recently, a heated debate when a few reputable health organizations suggested the application of a similar act of heroin selling and usage prohibition . In this , I will analyze why the adoption of such a law could be a breakthrough in our youngsters’ safety, according to my vision.

Firstly, tobacco does not differ much from heroin when it comes to the addictive effect. , the active ingredient in tobacco, exerts its effect by acting directly on smoker’s brain cells. Numerous experiments carried out by on animals, rats, proved that this toxic chemical does lead time to dependency, similarly to the effect experienced with .

Secondly, the restriction on selling would surely show an instant decline in tobacco smoking. ” Having easy access to cigarettes puts a tremendous pressure, especially on teenagers,to resist such a temptation” Dr.Hisham , head of department at Alexandria Medical college , states firmly. “Giving the new generation the sense that the severity of smoking is to other lethal drugs usage be a life saving step, they will thank us for as they get older.” he continues.

To recapitulate, applying of a futuristic law such as the suggested one will have a positive impact ,not only on young people’s health but on our society as a whole.

Well done! This is a good essay, however, you should take care of your spelling.

arose
to tobacco products
essay
Nicotine
scientists
especially
over
very
heroin
cigarettes
Psychology
equivalent
would
definitely

4 thoughts on “IELTS Essay, topic: Should tobacco be prohibited?”

1. Pingback: IELTS Essay Samples of Band 7 | IELTS-Blog

2. Contributing towards the betterment of society is a responsibility that lies in the hands of people from all walks of life. However, there seems to be a disparity between experts in the field of science and those in music and art with regard to the place they hold in society. In my opinion, scientists are valued much more than artists and musicians.
    For over many years now, successful discoveries and other achievements in science have always been glorified highly. As a result, people have always had the idea that scientific professions are more challenging in nature and more significant for the society. Even news, magazines and social media highlight the importance of it more than any other professional field. Furthermore, this leads to undermining of value of artistic professions such as singers, dancers and painters among people. For instance, a majority of parents encourage their children to take up subjects such as mathematics, science and computer science and discourage them from choosing arts, dance and music. It is primarily because they feel that the latter subjects have considerably less to offer in the world of work.
    Artistic and creative professionals are offered low salaries as compared to scientific and technological experts. For example, a scientist in New York earns around $250K whereas, a music composer gets around $60K yearly. This is due to the fact that the modern society thinks that scientists and technologists add value to the society more than artists do.
    In conclusion, I completely agree that people working in the field of science are considered to be more significant than others, and hence are regarded more. However, I believe that professionals from all occupations must be considered equally important for the society.