IELTS essay, topic: Some people say protecting the environment is the government’s responsibility, others believe individuals should be responsible for it (opinion)

Some people say that protecting the environment is the government’s responsibility. Others believe that every individual should be responsible for it. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

People hold different views about whether the government should shoulder the responsibility of preserving the environment or each person responsible . From my standpoint, it more beneficial if both the country’s authorities and individuals the responsibility.

On the one hand, the government may play a pivotal role in maintaining the environment safe and healthy. It is that should introduce the legislation in order to mitigate environmental problems, such as air pollution and more. To illustrate, there should be some laws encouraging factories to move to the rather than staying in cities. This could help urban areas to be further protected from the poisonous fumes, which . Another prominent role the government could play would be creating TV programs to educate citizens, and to persuade them to more. Being informed of the consequences of their activities, individuals may endeavor to alter their ways, to avoid harming the environment.

On the other hand, it is undeniable that each person can play an important role in protecting their own neighborhood. Cars are considered to be a major source of air pollution. Their exhaust gases contaminate the air, ranging from carbon dioxide to unburnt carbon. Therefore, by using their own vehicles only in rare cases, people would be able to protect the environment. Another opportunity available to individuals is recycling. By stopping plastic waste from entering and contaminating waterways people are able to conserve drinkable water and its inhabitants.

In conclusion, due to the large amount of work involved, mobilising all the possible forces is a more sensible approach. It is, therefore, likely that joint efforts of both the governments and their citizens would result in the most effective way of preserving the environment.

The author of this essay has done a good job covering the task topic. He/she used one body paragraph to discuss whether the government should be responsible for protecting the environment, and the other body paragraph – to discuss whether individuals should be protecting the environment, and how. The ideas are logically sequenced and connected using linking words, making this essay easy to read. Some inaccuracy of expression is evident and requires more work and attention (see corrections underlined in blue). The range of vocabulary is impressive and grammatical errors are quite rare. Overall this essay seems worthy of IELTS Band 7.

Click here to see more IELTS essays of Band 7

‘should be’ is the right expression to use here
‘for it’ is a more suitable expression here
‘would be’ is the right form here
‘were to share’ is the correct form
‘the’ is missing here before ‘authorities’
‘countryside’ is the right word to use here
‘factories frequently discharge into the atmosphere’ is a better way to say this
‘care for the nature’ is the correct expression here

3 thoughts on “IELTS essay, topic: Some people say protecting the environment is the government’s responsibility, others believe individuals should be responsible for it (opinion)”

1. Nowadays consumer goods have become the most important part of people’s lives. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
    Under the global canopy,people tend to purchase consumer goods regularly thus,they became an indispensable part of the modern metrialistic lifestyle.They are fruitful to deciline the economic disperity as well as standard of living while,they forge some tribulations like physical and mental illness. Hence,its demerits are arduous to overcome by its merits.

On the positive side,they are essential to plummet the economic disperity and enhance standard of living for the citizens.First and the foremost is the boost up in the vocations,with escalation in the sharemarket more products are needed to be created since,count of workers will jump upwards which provides employment to the middle and lower classes of the community. The money will flow from the wealthy to the poor thus,aidful to diminish the financial juxtaposition among the masses.To take a case with the establishment of tata steel in Jamsedhpur of india around 55% individuals from the jarkhand got jobs in the steel market.Paradoxically,with new facilities and advanced equipements, the fundamental needs are fullfilled in a facile manner as, medical amenities are feasible at every nook and corner even of the developing nations.

Althought the aforementiond points are paramount but the perilous affects are undeniable as it genrates environmental,physical and mental hazards.It is acknowledged that latest consumer goods are deterimental for the physical health. For instance,the latest mobile phone network based upon LTE is genrating jiopardise to the neurons of human blood cells whereas more and more trees and other natural fossil fuels are squandered to overcome these demands thus, the atmosphere is endangered too.Ironaically,to show a zenith status in the community,persons keeps on thinking to buy new things on regular bases thus, it hurts them mentally.According to a recent survey by world health organisation in the contemporary time almost 35% of patients in the mental disorder are just because they always opine about new ideas to be at the top of others.

To summarise,it is helpful in some manner albeit, its cons are really rigorous to outcome.However, high standards will have no benefit without a fit body therefore its is a negative advancement for the world.

2. Some people say that the only reason for /earning a foreign language Is In order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.
    Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The importance of learning a foreign language is going more and more noticeable. However, when asked about the reasons for learning a second language, different people come up with different reasons. while some individuals agree solely on immigration purposes, some people challenge those intentions. This essay will discuss both views and then will address my opinion.

When it comes to learning a new language, some people may limit it to immigrating and living abroad. In other words, they drag their feet on learning second languages only to find a reason to leave their homeland. They might be logically naïve, but for them learning a second language does not serve internal purposes when they are able to communicate well without a hitch. Therefore, learning a second language in other contexts becomes less important

On the other hand, there comes the opposing group that believes the second language acquisition is multilateral and should not be postponed for a rainy day. The use of the second language is going widespread through technology and we should utilize the foreign language to better keep abreast of recent information, they say. For example, using smartphones and internet demand picking up a new language accordingly. Thus, new languages should be learned any way to either communicate or to use technologies.

Considering the reasons above, people who think they should learn a foreign language only for living abroad or the latter group who believes otherwise, I agree with the latter. Acquiring a second language is beyond travelling or working overseas and should be used in any circumstances.