M and S took their IELTS tests in Pakistan and India, and said their Writing questions were identical. Below is what they collectively remembered:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart describing the numbers of international tourists visiting Australia between 1994 and 2004. Also there were line graphs with two types of touring: resorts and backpacking.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The difference in age between parents and their children has increased compared to the past. Do you think advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Why did you choose this profession?
– What are the advantages of your job?
– Talk about your best holiday.
– Do you do any planning before trips? Why?
– What are your favourite holiday destinations?
Describe a person who talks a lot. Please say
– Who is it?
– How do you know him/her?
– What do you feel when he/she talks?
– Why is communication important?
– What jobs require good communication skills?
– What is required more, knowledge or good communication skills?
– Why do you think so?
– What can be done to improve it?