A very kind IELTS test taker Y.F. remembered the following topics and questions from her recent Academic IELTS exam in Pakistan:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two bar charts. The first was describing the percentage of public transport punctuality, actual and target values, between 1999 and 2003. The second bar chart showed the number of complaints filed by passengers over the same period of time.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many doctors recommend that older people exercise regularly, but most patients do not follow any exercise routine. Why do you think it is happening? How can people be encouraged to exercise regularly?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where did you grow up?
– Did you like that city?
– Would you like to live in the countryside in the future?
– Why or why not?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a creative person such as an artist, a painter or a singer whom you admire. Please say
– Who that person is
– Where and when you saw him/her
– How creative his/her work is
– And explain why you admire him/her.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Are you a creative person?
– Do you think creativity is required in different fields of life?
– What will happen if there is no creativity around?
– Do you prefer writing by hand or typing?
– Why is that?
– Do you have to write by hand in certain situations?
– Do you think handwriting has changed, compared to the past?