Thanks to the kind H.N. from Kenya today we are sharing the questions from her recent IELTS test:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You lost an item while travelling on a bus. An employee of the bus company assisted you in recovering your lost item. Write a letter to the company manager to thank the employee. In your letter,
– Describe what you lost and how the employee helped you find it
– Say how you felt after recovering it
– Explain why it was important to you
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Discipline is a growing problem in modern schools. Some people think that parents should discipline their own children, while others think it should be the responsibility of the government. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Tell me about where you live.
– Who do you live with?
– Why do you like the place where you live?
– What is your favourite room?
– What do you usually do in the evening?
– Do you do the same thing at weekends?
– Have you ever visited an old building?
– Do you think the government should preserve them?
– Are you planning to visit an old building in the future?
– Do you think it is important to celebrate public holidays?
– How do people celebrate them?
– Do you think it is important for the government to spend money on these celebrations or it is a waste of taxpayers’ money?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about the best event that you attended. Please say
– what kind of event it was
– when it happened
– who was there with you
– and explain why you consider this to be the best event.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Let’s talk about sports events.
– Do you think sports events are important?
– How do they benefit the host country?
– What are the disadvantages of hosting a major sports event for the host country?