Thanks to PS, today we are sharing the questions he remembered from his recent IELTS exam in India:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You had to cancel a meeting with a friend. Write a letter to him/her, in your letter
– Apologise for cancelling the meeting
– Explain why you couldn’t be there
– Suggest an alternative day when you could meet
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays children spend more time on their phones. Some people think it is a good idea while others disagree. What is your opinion?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Do you work or study?
– What is a day at work like for you?
– How do you manage your time at work?
– Who helps you the most at work?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a gift you would like to give to a friend. You should say
– who the friend is
– how long you have known him/her
– what the gift is
– and explain how you think he/she would feel about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you often give gifts to your friends?
– What is important when choosing gifts for people?
– Do you think age and gender matter when choosing gifts?
– Is it difficult to find gifts for certain people?
– What other types of gifts do people you know give others?
– Did you enjoy car trips when you were a child?
– What kind of car would you like to buy?
– Does colour matter when buying a car?