Thanks to M.P. who took the IELTS test in Canada we are sharing the following questions today:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You live near a public school. The school has asked local residents to help with the maintenance of school buildings and play area. Write a letter to the principal. In your letter,
– Explain why you would like to help
– Tell them how you can help
– Let them know when you are available.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many parents are unhappy with their children playing violent video games and watching violence in movies. How harmful is this to children? What can be done to solve this problem?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Which room do you like the most? Why?
– Which room do you spend most of your time in?
– How did you decorate your room?
– Do you like reading?
– What kind of books do you read?
– What time of the day do you prefer to read?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a traditional item from your country. Please say
– what it is
– how it is made
– when you saw it for the first time
– and explain whether you like it or not, and why.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Can you tell me about a custom that has been practiced in your country that you know about?
– Do you believe that people should preserve the culture and traditions of their country?
– What are the benefits of preserving a country’s culture and traditions?
– Who should be more responsible for preserving the country’s culture, people or the government?
– Should we adopt other countries’ culture and traditions?