A kind IELTS test taker P.K. from Canada remembered the following questions from her recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You would like to invite your friend from abroad to a public event in your country. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,
– Invite him/her to the event
– Explain why you think he/she would like the event
– Tell him/her about the other activities you can do.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Today’s young generation is facing many problems in school and at home. What are the problems? What can parents do to help their teenage children?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or are you a student?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about an invention that changed the world. Please say
– what the invention is
– when it was created
– how it changed the world
– and explain how it is used by older and younger people.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think inventions are making us lazy?
– Why do you think inventions are important?
– What is the most useful invention in household items?
– Do you think inventions made household items safer?