Our kind friend D.H. has shared the following questions after taking the IELTS test in India:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have travelled to another city for a company meeting and stayed at a hotel. When you returned, you discovered that you forgot something important in your hotel room. Write a letter to the hotel manager. In your letter,
– Say what you have left in the room
– Explain why it is important to you
– Tell the manager what you would like them to do about it
Begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir / Madam,
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that teachers require training to become good at their profession. Others think a good teacher has all the necessary qualities and does not need any training. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Are you studying or do you have a job?
– Do you feel your job is boring?
– What do you do in your free time in the evenings?
– Do you often get up early in the morning during the week?
– Would you be inclined to help if someone asked for your assistance in the morning?
– Do you get up early at weekends?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a time when you had to lend something to a person you know. You should say
– what you lent
– when it happened
– why he/she asked to borrow the item
– and explain how you felt about this.
Follow up question: Would you let him/her borrow this item again in the future?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What do you think of people who are posting about their personal life on social media?
– How do you feel about sharing research documents online?
– Do you think children should share their things with each other?
– Why aren’t they willing to share their things, such as toys?
– What do you think parents should do to teach their children about sharing?
– Do you think parents should model sharing for their children to help them understand?