IELTS test in Brazil was described by T who remembered the Writing and Speaking sections. Our thanks to T, and here is the exam:
Writing Task 1 (a report)
There was a table giving statistics about Australian and Malaysian population (birth rate, % aged 65 or over, male, female, total population) in 1984 and 2002.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people claim that massive investment in technology for space exploration is a waste of money. Do you agree or disagree?
– Do you live in an apartment or in a house?
– What do you like about where you live?
– Would you recommend anyone to live in your area? Why?
– Let’s talk about clothes/fashion: do you like shopping?
– What kind of clothes do you like?
– Do you think the way people dress in your home country is changing?
Talk about something you have made yourself, please say:
– What is it?
– Why did you make it?
– How did you make it?
– What kind of things people usually decide to make themselves?
– Why do you think people decide to make things themselves?
– What is the difference in terms of quality of industrial products and things you made yourself?
– What do you think are the effects of mass production of items on people’s life?
– Would you rather watch a film in the cinema or at home?
– What kind of films did you like to watch when you were a child?