Our friend A.S. took the Academic IELTS test in Brazil recently and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph showing time car manufacturers spent making a car in the 1990s and in 2005. We had to summarize and compare the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays eating habits of people around the world are changing, causing them many health problems, including obesity. Why do people tend to eat so badly? What can be done to improve their eating habits?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live?
– Do you prefer to live in an apartment or a house?
– Let’s talk about the environment.
– Did you study this subject at school?
– Do you think it is important to take care of the environment? Why?
– What do you do to help the environment and reduce pollution?
– Do you think you could be doing more?
– Can you give some examples?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe some equipment that you have in your house that is important to you. Please say
– What the equipment is
– What you are using it for
– How long you have had this equipment
– And explain why it is important to you.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think that technology changed a lot from previous generations?
– Why is it so?
– Would you say that technology makes people’s lives easier?
– During the pandemic, did people start to depend more on technology, in your opinion?
– Is it a good development?
– Do you think technology will replace human workers in factories soon? Why?
– If you had a company, would you prefer people or only machines working for you?
– Why is that?