The topics and questions below were shared by S, who took his IELTS exam in Bahrain recently. S didn’t remember much about listening and reading, but he did remember the questions from writing and speaking.
Section 1. A conversation between a man and a woman on participation in a new course.
Section 2. A conversation of two students about their project.
Sections 3 and 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. Several advertisements.
Passages 2-4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
A friend is having a party at home and asked you to help him/her in the preparation. Write a letter and say
– How would you help him/her?
– What will you bring to the party?
– When will you be free to see him/her?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that keeping pets is beneficial while others believe it is a bad idea. Discuss both views and include your own opinion.
– What is your name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Tell me about the apartments you live in.
– What are the advantages of living in it?
– What changes will you do there to make it your home?
– Do people keep birds in your area?
– Do people kill birds in your country?
Describe a music event that you saw live or on TV. Please say
– What was the event about?
– How did you find out about it?
– Why was it so interesting?
– What do you think about the popularity of music amongst children?
– Is Western music popular in your country?
– What is the long term impact of listening to Western music?