A kind IELTS test taker J.C. from Bahrain remembered the following questions from his recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You’ve been asked to do a presentation and you will need help with setting up the equipment for it. Write a letter to your colleague. In your letter,
– Let him/her know when and where the presentation will take place
– Tell him/her what equipment you will need
– Explain how he/she can help you.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Governments in many countries are replacing old buildings such as art galleries and town halls with new ones. Is this a positive or a negative development?
Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you normally start your day at work?
– Tell me about a person that supports you at work.
– How often do you look at yourself in the mirror?
– Have you purchased a mirror before?
– Do you think mirrors can be used for decoration?
– How often do you use email?
– Do you think email is better than any other means of communication?
– Is email popular in your country?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a free item you received. Please say
– what the item was
– why it was free
– when you received it
– and explain how you felt about receiving this item.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What other items do shops usually give away for free? Why?
– Is there anything more valuable than money?
– What other things do people value more than their money?
– Do people take better care of the items they purchased, compared to items they received free?