Our friend who had an IELTS exam in UK recently reports about the questions and topics she remembered – many thanks to S and here they are:
Update: later on I’ve received an email from Uzbekistan and their IELTS exam identical this one.
Section 1: a customer was calling the travel agency and asking some questions about an excursion. This part was very easy, the task was to fill in the gaps
Section 2: an interview about a new music school, also very easy, the task was to fill in the gaps.
Section 3: something about ships construction – quite difficult, not many questions, but they had spoken for a long time, so it was really easy to get lost;
Section 4: a discussion between a teacher and a student about his dissertation. The tasks were multiple choice questions with answers a, b, c, d – quite easy.
Passage 1: something about remembering and recognizing faces. The tasks were paragraphs matching, this paragraph was the most difficult for me.
Passage 2: the topic was astronomy, task – paragraphs matching
Passage 3: about hybrid cars and Toyota Prius in particular. It wasn’t hard, the tasks were to fill in the gaps.
Writing Task 1 (report)
We had to compare 3 pie charts: how countries like South Korea, Sweden and United Kingdom deal with dangerous waste products;
Writing task 2 (essay)
Should people who cause road accident be strictly punished to minimize amount of accidents? Are there any other ways, what is your opinion?
– What is your name?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you use any machines for your work?
– So you think your work can change in the future?
– What are your interests outside of work?
– Do you like visiting friends?
– Do you have many visitors?
– Is there anything special that you prepare for guests?
– What age is in your country in the most important for people?
– When people are considered adult (mature)?
– What occasions people celebrate in your country?
Tell me about best time in your life, please say
– when was it,
– what did you do,
where did you live then,
– why was that time the best for you
– At what age people can be responsible for themselves?
– Our society is getting older – is that good or not?
– What it looks like in your country?
– Do you think it is good to be older?
– What changes in society are caused by people living longer?