Thanks to our lovely friend K.M. we are sharing the questions from a recent IELTS test in the USA:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently bought a children’s toy online and you noticed that it was not working properly. Write a letter to the manager of the toy company to complain about it. Include the following in your letter:
– What was the problem?
– What did you do about it?
– How did you feel?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many cultures around the world are becoming more similar. What do you think are the reasons for it? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where do you live?
– What does your apartment look like?
– What do you like about it?
– What can you see from your windows?
– Let’s talk about remembering names.
– Do you remember people’s names easily?
– What do you do to remember their names?
– How do you feel when you forget someone’s name?
– How do you feel when somebody forgets your name?
– Let’s talk about the New Year’s celebrations.
– How do you usually celebrate the New Year?
– What was your best New Year’s party so far?
– What kind of food do you eat on New Year’s Eve?
– Why do you think people start something new on this day or make New Year’s resolutions?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person who wears unusual clothes. Please say
– who the person is
– how you know this person
– what kind of clothes he/she wears
– and explain why you think his/her clothes are unusual.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What do people wear to the office in your country?
– Do people shop online in your country?
– Do young people and old people wear different clothes or similar? If different, what is the reason?
– Why do some people prefer to shop online and and others like to shop in-store?
– Do you think it is possible that there won’t be any stores in the future and people will only shop online?