Our friend S.G. recently took IELTS in India and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your company sent you to complete a course in another country. You have lost the certificate received at the end of the course. Write a letter to the principal of the college where you took the course. In your letter
– Tell them how you lost the certificate
– Explain why you need it now
– Say what action you would like them to take.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that nowadays too much money is being spent on weddings and birthdays. Why do you think it is happening? What can be done to improve the situation?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where do you live, in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like it?
– Do you recycle?
– Were you recycling in your childhood?
– Do you make a list before going shopping?
– Do you think it is a good idea to use lists at home or at work?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a friend you got in touch with after a long time without contact. Please say
– Who he/she is
– How you got in touch with him/her
– How you lost contact
– And explain how you feel about him/her.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Is it really necessary to meet with friends in person? Why?
– Do you agree that we should meet with friends frequently?
– Are you optimistic about the way social media platforms will impact friendship in the future?