Thanks to our wonderful friend A.K. we are sharing the questions from a recent IELTS test in Canada:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your company introduced a work uniform that you are mostly happy with, except for one thing. Write a letter to your manager and include the following:
– What do you like about the uniform?
– What don’t you like about the uniform?
– Make suggestions how to improve the uniform.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that the government should spend taxpayers’ funds on cultural activities such as music or art. Others think this is a waste of money. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where do you live, in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like watching TV?
– What show do you like to watch?
– Do you recommend this show to your friends? Why or why not?
– How do you celebrate the New Year?
– Do you still remember a New Year that you celebrated some time ago?
– Do you have any ceremonies to celebrate the New Year in your country?
– Where and when did you last celebrate the New Year?
– What can you see from the window of your room?
– Do you like watching scenes through your window? Why or why not?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a toy you liked in your childhood. Please say
– What it was
– Who gave it to you
– How often you played with it
– And explain why it was special to you.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What type of toys do children like?
– Why do children like to play with toys of certain brands/companies?
– What do toy companies do to sell their toys?
– Do children’s preferences in toys change when they grow up?
– What kind of games should be compulsory in secondary schools?
– Should older people play these games? Why or why not?