Thanks to our generous friends K.P. and P.M. we are sharing the questions they remembered from a recent IELTS test in India:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You enjoyed a holiday organized by a tour company. Write a letter to the manager and praise the tour guide who accompanied you on the journey. In your letter
– Give the details of your holiday
– Explain what the tour guide did that was special and helpful
– Suggest how the manager may reward the tour guide.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays cultures around the world are becoming more and more similar, as compared to the past. What are the reasons for this? Is this a positive or a negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– How may I call you?
– Do you live in a flat or a house?
– What kind of house do you live in?
– What can you see through your windows?
– Let’s talk about celebrations.
– How do you celebrate festivals in your country?
– What was the last festival you celebrated?
– How did you celebrate it?
– Do you celebrate the New Year?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about your favourite toy from your childhood. Please say
– what the toy was
– who gave it to you
– when he/she gave it to you
– and explain how you felt about it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think children have lots of toys these days?
– Why do parents give so many toys to their children?
– What kind of toys are children interested in?
– Why don’t parents allow their children to play with other kids sometimes?