Thanks to A, an IELTS test taker from the Philippines, we can share the following topics and questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. A conversation between a customer and sales assistant in a furniture store.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Section 2. About a preschool centre and its facilities.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 3 words).
Section 3. About a place called Stony Point.
Questions: multiple choice, match headings to paragraphs.
Section 4. About swimming.
Questions: multiple choice, match headings to paragraphs, short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently moved to a different city and are looking for a place to stay. Write to a real estate agent and say:
– Why did you move?
– What location would you prefer?
– Describe the accommodation type that you need.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some say that young and energetic employees are the most valuable for the company, others argue that older employees have more experience and knowledge. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and examples, based on you own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your home.
– What is your favourite spot there?
– Let’s talk about shoes.
– Do you like comfortable or fashionable shoes?
– Why is it so?
– What is your favourite type of shoes?
– How often do you buy shoes?
– Is price important when you chose shoes? Why?
Talk about a prize that you would like to win. Please say
– What is the prize?
– What do you need to do to win it?
– How would you feel after winning?
– Are prizes given to children in school important to them?
– Will forcing children to study help them achieve anything?
– Is it good to give rewards to children? Why?
– How can an employer show appreciation to the best employees? Why?