A very kind IELTS test taker from India shared his questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your rental apartment was recently repaired. Later you have discovered some defects in repairs. Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter,
– Explain what the problem is.
– Suggest how it can be fixed.
– Say what you would like the landlord to do about it.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
It is said that young people should visit other countries as it is beneficial for their development. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Would you like to do the same job in the future?
– Do you prefer fashionable or comfortable shoes? Why?
– What shoes do you wear on daily basis?
– Can you find your size easily in shops?
– Are fashionable shoes important to you? Why?
– Do you spend a lot on shoes?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe an occasion when you had to be friendly to someone you didn’t really like. Please say
– Who that person was
– When it happened
– Why you had to be friendly
– And explain how you felt about it later.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do think it is important to be friendly?
– Is there a difference between polite and friendly behavior?
– Is it important to behave in a friendly way in professional life?
– Do friendly people achieve more, in your opinion?
– Some people can pretend to be friendly when they actually are not.
– Does it feel familiar to you?
– Is it a good idea to ask a person directly for something that you want?