A test taker from the Philippines remembered the questions from her recent IELTS exam – thanks for sharing, JH!
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a pie chart describing the commodities and services in a European country in 1958 and 2008.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
One way to solve the problem of congestion is to increase tax on private vehicles. Do the advantages of this solution outweigh its disadvantages?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Let’s talk about science.
– Did you like science at school?
– When did you start learning science, in primary school or high school?
– Do you think science classes are important?
– If you could use science to invent something, what would it be? Why?
– Do you like barbecue parties?
– How often do you eat barbecue food?
– Do you invite your friends or family to barbecue parties?
– What kind of food do you like to cook on a barbecue?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about some interesting local news from your city. Please say
– What was the news
– Where you heard or read the news
– Who was involved
– And explain why people were interested in it.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do people like to read the local news?
– Why do people like the local news more than international news?
– How do people get the news?