Our kind friend V remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam in the Dominican Republic:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are studying and doing a part-time job. A full time position recently opened in the company and your manager is asking you to quit your studies and start working full-time. Write a letter to him/her and say
– What is your decision?
– Why did you make this decision?
– Suggest a solution that will suit both you and the company.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people agree that children can be physically punished when they do something wrong, to correct and discipline them. Others disagree with this approach, because it can cause trauma. They believe that parents should speak with their children and explain why they should not make that mistake again. Discuss both views and give your personal opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your family.
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Describe your home.
– What is your favorite room or place there?
Talk about a special gift that you received, please say
– What was it?
– Who gave it to you and when?
– Why do you feel it is special?
– Why do you think that person gave you such a present?
– Describe some traditions in your culture.
– Are there uniforms in your country?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform?
– Where and when should we wear a uniform?
– What kind of uniforms do people wear in your country?