Thanks to the IELTS test taker S from Singapore we can share this exam update (Writing and Speaking questions were the only ones S remembered):
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your manager asking for a training course, which you would like to attend. In your letter explain
– what the course is,
– why it is required for your job,
– how you will manage work while doing the course.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that information available in the internet will end the era of newspapers and magazines. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where are you currently staying?
– What do you like about the place you live in?
– What don’t you like about your place?
– How long will you continue staying there?
Talk about a book that you purchased and read recently. Please say
– Where and when did you buy it?
– What is the book about?
– Did you like reading it?
– Do you use a train to travel?
– Are there trains in your country?
– Tell me about any unusual train journey that you had.
– Are there any underground trains in your country?
– How important is the time considered in your country?
– Do you like to be punctual?
– Why do you like to be on time?
– What kind of books are usually read in your country?
– Do only older people read books in your country?
– Why are certain books more suitable for elderly people?
– What kind of books do you like to read?
– Does younger generation in your country continue reading books?
– Do younger people read different books compared to older people?
– Do you think there are fewer people who read books?
– Why are books important in primary, secondary schools or in universities?
– What do you prefer, reading books or watching TV?