Our friend B.F. took her IELTS test in Qatar and remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to your neighbour to ask him/her to take care of your house while you are away for a week on holidays. Please say
– Explain where you are going and why.
– What do you need him/her to do?
– What should he/she do in case of emergency?
Writing task 2 (an essay)
The adverse effect of sugar on health is well known to the public now. Some believe that the government should control the amount of sugar people consume. Others think that it is the responsibility of an individual to monitor their sugar intake. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study
– What do you do?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Describe the view from your apartment.
– Do you like it? Why?
– Have you ever been to a farmhouse?
– Do you like farmhouses?
– What is so good about them?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about your favorite toy as a child. Please say
– What toy was it?
– When did you get it?
– Who gave it to you?
– And explain why it was your favorite toy.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you think physical exercises should be excluded from secondary school curriculum?
– Why do you think so?
– What are the main benefits of physical exercises?
– Will you encourage your children to exercise?