Our lovely friend A.N. recently took a General Training IELTS exam in Mongolia. She remembered the following questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
There is a problem with the changing rooms in the sport centre that you visit. You have complained to the stuff several times, but they weren’t helpful. Write a letter to the manager of the sport centre and say
– What is the problem with the changing rooms?
– What happened the last time you complained?
– Explain what you want the manager to do about it.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some parents think that helping their children with homework is a good idea. Others believe children should do their homework on their own. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for work?
– Do you like your job?
– Can you describe your daily routine at work?
– Do you support environment protection?
– How do you help to protect the environment?
– Do you believe your efforts make a difference?
– What is your favourite festival or holiday?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a situation when you argued with friends about something. Please say
– what it was about
– when and where it took place
– how you resolved the argument
– and explain how you felt about it later.
Part 3 (Discussion)
– What was your opinion about this argument?
– Did it change later?
– Do you think arguments are helpful?
– Why do arguments between family members arise?
– Can such arguments change how they feel about each other?